Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Champagne or Not Champagne?

Started by dan2x38, June 16, 2007, 03:14:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dan2x38

I use yeast generators to inject CO2. I use champagne yeast it with stands higher concentrations of alcohol up to 18%. So it produces CO2 longer. The yeast also settles at the bottom were bakers yeast raises. Since it settles it reduces the chances of clogging the air lines. So that is the why...  ???

So my question is does this really produce wine or champagne after 2-3 weeks? It sure smells like it when I dump it for a new batch. Maybe I will bring it to the next mini auction... ROTFL  ;D (of course that is joke)
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

gonzobluefuzz

If you use grape juice as yer source  VS the sugar/water/soda thing.......ya never know......take a sip and let us know :D. I'm not 100% certain but I have the idea that it must have been produced in the Champagne region to earn the title.......even if same grape,year,yeast...etc. So regardless you might be SOL :'( .Regardless you might be cultivating a stellar sparkling wine   ;D :D

Gord

dan2x38

Either way I am not tasting it... can only imagine... if you'd like can bring to the meeting and severe tasters...  8)  ;D it is cheap so of course tasters would be free... LOL
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."