New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

OVAS Home Show Tour Sunday July 22nd

Started by PaleoFishGirl, July 16, 2007, 01:33:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaleoFishGirl

The Home Show Tour is a GO!

We have 6 stops and the final destination of the OVAS BBQ at Vincent Massey Park.
More details (addresses, etc.) will be posted Saturday.

The tour will run from approximately 11:00AM - 4:00PM, with half an hour available at each stop. We will try to meet at the first stop and travel in a caravan from there.

I can take 3 people with me, but they have to either meet me at my place (Beechwood Avenue/Vanier Pkwy) or at the first stop (Gladstone/Parkdale area).

PaleoFishGirl

Here is the tentative itinerary:

Stop 1: Pat & Trina (redbelly & alongfortheride) - 11:00-11:30
Stop 2: Sue (Sue) 12:00 - 12:30
Stop 3: Norm (normc) 12:45-1:15
Stop 4: Errol (charlie) 1:45-2:15
Stop 5: Enrico (Toss) 2:30-3:00
Stop 6: Ken (jetstream) 3:15-3:45
Stop 7: Vincent Massey Park (OVAS BBQ!)

I think my car is now full, as well.

Kobi

Is there room for one more on the tour?
I have vehicle with room for 3
46 gal planted bowfront
- 2 pairs Microgheophagus ramirez (German blue rams), 15 cardinal tetras, 4 panda corys, 4 bushynose plecos
- vallisineria (straight + spiral), cabomba, egeria, dwarf sagittaria, java fern, wisteria, anubias nana, rotala

PaleoFishGirl

There is room for as many people as would like to attend, so please come along :) I will be posting addresses/directions in this thread on Saturday.

Anyone else out there going to tag along? Please let us all know so we know what kind of group to expect.

PaleoFishGirl

So there is one carload of people, tentatively one more, going on the Tour tomorrow??

Wow.  Thanks for your enthusiasm, everyone  :-\

beowulf

Quote from: PaleoFishGirl on July 21, 2007, 08:53:35 AM
So there is one carload of people, tentatively one more, going on the Tour tomorrow??

Wow.  Thanks for your enthusiasm, everyone  :-\

You know I would be there if not for being in Montreal to get some wedding stuff squared away.  Hope those going have fun.

PaleoFishGirl

I'm sure the 4 of us will 8)

Since I seem to be the only one driving so far, there's no need to post everyone's addresses on the site.  If you decide you want to go, please PM me before 10AM tomorrow and I will send them right back to you.

freshwater

I wanted to go. Is the first stop at Pat's (redbelly) house? What's his address, and what time should I be there?

Crumpet

PaleoFishGirl

Sorry, PM sent to freshwater, he's in possession of all the details (thanks, Crumpet).

Kobi

Yes, I would like to join you. I would like to meet you at the first home if that's OK.
So, yes please, send the address. Or maybe more than one in case I get lost.
Thanks - see you tomorrow
Cathy
46 gal planted bowfront
- 2 pairs Microgheophagus ramirez (German blue rams), 15 cardinal tetras, 4 panda corys, 4 bushynose plecos
- vallisineria (straight + spiral), cabomba, egeria, dwarf sagittaria, java fern, wisteria, anubias nana, rotala

PaleoFishGirl

charlie

PFG, thanks for organizing this, it was nice to meet the folks who made it out.
Regards

PaleoFishGirl

A huge thanks to all of the hosts (Trina & Pat, Sue, Norm, Errol, Enrico & Ken) and their families for allowing us to traipse through their homes! I had a great time, thanks for joining me!

:) :) :)

Crumpet

Had a great time today, thank you everyone for having us over!  Some terrific set-ups for sure :)

Thank you PFG for the lift

babblefish1960

It was a really enjoyable event that I know I enjoyed immensely, in fact, I would say that not having had one of these events for years, it was a capital idea that panned out rather well.

Thanks to Trina and Pat, Sue, Norm, Errol, Enrico and Ken for opening their homes to the club and sharing their water worlds with us, it was a terrific afternoon with the perfect weather for tootling around the various neighbourhoods.

I look forward to doing this again next year, perhaps paleofishgirl will organize that one too on her vacation week or something. ;)