Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

A really cool event...CPD fry?

Started by Fishnut, July 15, 2007, 11:50:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fishnut

The fry are all doing well!  Thanks to Zoe and Laura, the babies are feasting on BBS and microworms!  When the BBS get swooshed out of the mesh, the adult CPDs fly out of the moss and feast!  I started with 13 fry and I'm pretty sure they're all there, but with the plants in there, it's hard to tell if they're all still in there.  The most I've counted at once is 11.

I meticulously scooped out all the fry from the tank using an old cottage cheese container and put them in one of those mesh breeder nets.  I also added a chunk of java moss and some ummm...other plant that I forget the name of.  The adult CPD's were then taken out of their small tank and put in the 30 gallon.  They're so happy and have made themselves at home in a cave in the clump of Java Moss. 

I refilled their small tank with fresh water because it is now the home of my egg laden Tiger shrimp.  Today, I found a single CPD fry with the shrimp, so that confirms that I must have siphoned some eggs and pored them into the larger tank, thus the mystery fry.

Dan, to answer your question, I don't have any snails or shrimp in my tank.  It's 100% CPD.  I want to keep it that way just incase anything were to happen with snails or shrimp eating fry, etc.

Here's a some pics of the new fry and the adults in their new tank

[attachment deleted by admin]

dan2x38

mine look the same... so cool when they look in your direction there eyes shine just about all you see at night... :) moving more moss in a few minutes... crossing my fingers for more...
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."