Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

eek!

Started by Nyx, August 06, 2007, 04:51:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nyx

I forgot to properly introduce myself. Although my hubby and I have kept tanks for over 12 years, I am a fairly new OVAS member. We currently have a 150G reef, 45G S/W and a 30G planted that houses a pure strain of Endler's livebearers. Fortunately, we both love the hobby so he never has to tell me that something only cost $20.  ;D
9G planted Edge w/ pure strain Endler's livebearers

sniggir

welcome .....again...lol nice to see you post... and when the 150 settles in I want to see some pic's!
90 gallon/ 90 gallon sump all male show tank, 75g Accie, 75g masoni reef alonacara, yellow lab and trio of flame backs, 75 gal tawain reef, 75 gal bi500, red shoulder, blue regal,
40 gal breeder  F1 electric blue frierei, 25 gal sunshine peacock males awaiting females, 20 gallon trio albino pleco, 65gal neolamprongus Brachardi pulcher 2 30g fry grow out, 20g hatchery with 4 batches of eggs currently
Starting on a fish wall for breeding more coming soon!

babblefish1960

Welcome Nyxx to the Ottawa Valley Aquarium Society club website, I am sure that most of us will be greatly amused that you needn't explain where all the money has gone as you and your husband are both in to fish.  That always helps, mind you sometimes it makes things worse too.  I do hope you enjoy yourself on the club website, and if you are so inclined, I would encourage you to come out to the meetings and meet some of the crazy fish people, it can be a lot of fun.

Nyx

Thank you both for the warm welcome! Extra thanks to sniggir for the encouraging PMs. :) Now that our home is no longer a money pit (renovations are completed), our tanks have taken over in that respect, especially the reef tank, which is about 5 years old. But it is worth every penny to both of us. Thanks for the invitation to the meetings, babblefish. We plan to start attending in the fall. It would be nice to meet others who are as nuts about the hobby as we are. :)

dan2x38

Nice to meet you... alot of salt water characters here... lots of knowledge tooof both SW/FW... :) sounds like you guys have some great set-ups... my wife is not knowledgable about the hobby (she enjoys the tanks) so I can still pull-off, "it will only cost around 20 bucks" LMAO
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

Nyx

QuoteI can still pull-off, "it will only cost around 20 bucks"
;D