Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Greetings, I am an Aquaholic

Started by Seypher, August 14, 2007, 08:26:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seypher

Greetings OVAS

I figured that it is time that I introduce myself. "Hi, my name is John" I have been a true forum Voyeur for the past two months. In that time I have found a wealth of knowledge within your ranks. My hands have been in the fish tank for the better part of 18 years. Currently I house a 25G planted community tank and a newly set up 55G SW setup (55lbs Live rock no fish as of yet) with aspirations for it to become a beautiful reef ecosystem. I reside in Chesterville (about 45Min south of Ottawa).  I will be moving in the near future and hope to have my 55G drilled to accommodate plumbing and a sump. Would anyone know of a place around town that drills glass?

RossW

Hi John!

Hi my name is Ross, and I am an Aquaholic also.  I first started about 4 months ago and have not stopped since.

audioslave_36

Welcome John,

There are a few guys on this sight that drill tanks, snigger is one I know for sure, if you pm him he will get back to you.

Dave

babblefish1960

Welcome to the Ottawa Valley Aquarium Society club website Seypher, I am sure with the experience you state, that you might have a lot to say about a number of things, particularly as you are in planted freshwater and an aspiring reefer.

As you have been lurking a while, I am sure you know your way around, have fun and where on earth did you find such a curious moniker?

Seypher

Quote from: babblefish1960 on August 14, 2007, 09:15:34 PM
As you have been lurking a while, I am sure you know your way around, have fun and where on earth did you find such a curious moniker?

I few friends dubbed me Seypher quite some time ago. The nickname originated from Zephyr meaning gentle gust of wind. I am sure you know where this is going. Needless to say I modified the word into a Nickname but my love of baked beans continues.