Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Need Help: Illness Diagnosis

Started by darkdep, August 12, 2007, 10:28:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darkdep

Well, after a few people reporting large fish deaths after illness, I have some good news.

After a few days of the metro treatment, I came home yesterday and the bottom of the hospital tank was just covered with poop.  He was much more himself, coming over to greet me as I entered the room.  After the daily water change and med treatment, I tossed a couple food pellets into the tank and he happily gobbled them up!  Looks like he's on the mend.  His colours are coming back as well.

Looks like I've gotten through my first case of bloat :)

audioslave_36

Well congrats.  it is a great feeling to help/save a finned friend when they are sick.

Glad to hear about the vet too.  ;D

RoxyDog

Tanks: salty nano cube, working on a fresh 125

Life is too short to wake up with regrets.  So love the people who treat you right.  Forget about the one's who don't.  Believe everything happens for a reason.  If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands.  If it changes your life, let it.  Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.

Crumpet

So glad to hear he is doing better  :)

dan2x38

Great to hear good job! Nice when the hospital tanks & our efforts do the trick.
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

KLKelly

That is great news.  Big recovery stories are few and far between so its nice to hear good news.  I hope he continues to recover.

groan