Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Clown Killie compatability

Started by Fishnut, August 18, 2007, 05:45:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fishnut

I decided to put an aquarium on my desk at the office, so I have a 1.5 gallon units that has a light in the hood and an undergravel filter.  There is some Java Moss in it as well as a crypt.  While I was at the shop, I decided to put a male clown killie fish, a croaking (sparkling) gourami and a cherry shrimp in it to inhabit different levels of the tank.  So far all are getting along.  My research says that both the gourami and the clown killie are shy species, but are friendly. 

Any thoughts on my choices?

Are clown killies annual?

dan2x38

well Fish-nutty  :D sounds like a very nice combo... they like similar water and both are form low slow moving waters... had to research these characters did not know either of them... where did you get them?
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

mseguin

I don't beleive clown killies are annual as they are an Epiplatys-type killie but I could be wrong
That combo should be fine, but if the gourami(s) are male I would keep an eye to make sure they dont beat up the killies.

Fishnut

Thanks guys!  I only have 1 gourami and 1 killie.  So far they've checked eachother out, that's it.  Here's a pic of the set-up...sorry for the bad quality.

Dan, I got them at the PS Kanata.

[attachment deleted by admin]