Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Its Slowly Coming Together ;D

Started by Pink Punisher, August 23, 2007, 10:47:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pink Punisher

My African Biotope is coming together :) Ive picked up most of my fish i still need a African Brown Knife and two African Butterfly fish but other then those ive got them all, today i picked up my Leopard Bush fish ;D :) I actually wasnt expecting it to be this easy to find the Bush fish.  My 55 gallon has become victim of the driftwood stain  :P but it actually made the tank look better then before, Im thinking of making the whole back of my tank a moss wall (I had either Christmas or Peacock moss in mind.) or should i do a bunch of long leafy plants at the back like a kelp forest or something? So many ideas so little room! :D Ive got the Bush fish in the 10 for a quartine with the danois and also because there only a little bit bigger then the danois and the Delhezi bichir ate 2 other them LOL the Kribs have settles down already it seems there quite active and no bickering really other then at first where the big one kept nipping at the smaller one, no damage that i can see though which is always nice. 

I was thinking of putting in some Anubias (spelling?) the plant with meduim-long stems and a nice green leaf at the end of the stem in a small gap between the driftwood and the sand so the stems can just grow out over the driftwood and i have a rock pile partly behind the driftwood that have planned Bolbitis Heudelotti (sorry for the latin names, i dont no the common) some more of the BH growing out from my rock cave for the Delhezi Bichir but it has since become mostly Krib "territory" but the Del pushes his way in when he wants to there, the Kribs are scared of him ;D just they wait till he gets to around 14 inchs long then they'll have reason to free although thats not for another little bit...he's about to start his growth spirt until he reaches about 7 inches then he'll slow down alot.

Sorry if it seems like im rambing on about nothing, its important to me so i thought i might share it with my fishy friends  :P Also if anyone is interested theres still about atleast a dozen "African Spotted Leaf Fish" at PetSmart near future shop in Kanata.

Spencer

Pink Punisher

20 views and not one comment  :-X Im gonna try and get some pics up also as soon as my dad get home this sunday, he has the camera.

Spencer

beowulf

Sounds interesting, you should create a journal as you build it up with lots of pictures to show us!!

Pink Punisher

I might try that :) it sounds kinda fun to do and ill be able to look back at the tank when i first set it up and see how much the plants have grown.

Thanks for the idea,
Spencer