Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Hagen African Cichlid Conditioner

Started by KLKelly, August 02, 2007, 11:59:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KLKelly

I don't have cichlids but looking for help.  The PH in my tanks are now above 8.4 (at least!) and I don't know if its a change in the well water or if its from adding this product - Hagen African Cichlid Conditioner to increase my GH...http://www.hagen.com/usa/aquatic/product.cfm?CAT=1&SUBCAT=121&PROD_ID=01077360020101

I didn't read anything about it raising ph.  Trying to find this info is crazy with all the stuff on cichlid buffers its like finding a needle in a haystack.

Do you guys think it would be the cause of my ph increase?

I will bubble some well water tomorrow to see what my well water gasses ph to without the conditioner in it.

babblefish1960

Check your well prior to adding the conditioner, but raising the kH is going to be messing with your buffering capacity anyway. I suspect that your well is hard water already, very true often for the region anyway.   Some times it is better to have the fish adapt to the water you have, which they will do, than to keep trying to make such adjustments.  Good luck with your latest discovery.

KLKelly

Thanks Babble.  I may just switch back to using unsoftened water.

I bought this product because it wasn't supposed to affect ph or kh. Unsoftened water GH is 10 and KH is 14 PH after bubbling was 8.2 (until recently anyways). 

KLKelly

Just an FYI - the african cichlid conditioner that I posted on above didn't increase PH.  Just the GH.

darkdep