Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Apology!

Started by Dr. Ashtray, August 29, 2007, 09:22:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Ashtray

Hello there fellow OVAS members.  I must apologize for my lack of respect to all of you earlier today and probably yesterday as well.  I have pretty strong convictions and am not afraid to let it be known.  This sometime gets me into a little bit of trouble.  I still believe the retail industry in Canada needs an overhaul now that our exchange rates are so close the US.  That is the end of discussion on that topic.  I won't stir that pot anymore.  I had no idea that it had been a moot point already for so long.  I love this site and am sorry again for offending anyone.  I am a comedian and sometimes my material flows right into reality and sometimes that flow can be misdirected.  In any event, I won't stir up anymore intensity unless someone needs some and they ask politely.  Of course, on the comedy stage, I turn it up about three notches. 

PS.  I will be keeping my OVAS membership so no need for pocket change.  Also, I am thinking of coming to a meeting or two in the near future.  I will be the one with Dr. Ashtray on his T-shirt.  I may even have a bag of goodies!

Jeffrey...(embracing humility)

charlie

Let me the first to say apologies accepted & welcome to OVAS,now that you have made yourself known  :D  ;), relax & enjoy the site, maybe visit the introduction forum & let us know how you found OVAS & the type of tank you keep.
Regards

Dr. Ashtray

Thanks for the welcome charlie!!

I am going to take the used-to-be-the plant man(artw's) earlier advice and yell Fire at all the theatres in Ottawa.  why just one!  Haha!!  That is a good point, who needs free speech when you have the dreaded FEAR FACTOR everyone loves to watch the Americans embrace.  Well, I am actually not going to do what I just wrote, but that would be a good way to control the populous in a pocketed sense of the word.

Jeffrey...

Fishnut

Well, I'm glad you decided to apologize.  You sure needed to. 

I got a headache reading both of your threads.  It was like my wonderful website got hit by the Tasmanian devil from Looney Toons.  Not funny!  Considering the actions members have taken, you quickly found out that this is a very calm, layed back place and people like it that way.  Fish are, after all, supposed to be calming (after the water change is done, algae scraped, filters maintained and parameters checked :))  This was the first time I have read such loud, abrasive, sarcastic posts.  As a comedian, you must know that certain types of humor only work with certain types of people.  Sometimes abrasive isn't funny.  I advise you to keep this in mind as you get to know us.  Also, some people don't care to read a dig about corporate or political viewpoint in posts about fish.  There are children who read these posts and I would not want my children reading much of what you posted.  I can only imagine the questions and or opinions they would form from reading something like that.

Relax, enjoy the site and the benefits of your new membership...maybe less coffee :).

groan

Welcome!
That WAS quite an introduction...hehe

so, I have one question...how are you going to work this little experience into your routine? ;)

artw

yeah no kidding,  I'd like to see that show, hehe :)
I love stand up comedy.  don't mean to run this thread off the tracks but my favourite comedians, currently are Louis CK and Jim Norton.. 

RoxyDog

Thanks for the apology Dr. Ashtray, now enjoy your stay.  :) 

PS...I'm moving this to OVAS discussions as it's not really about freshwater fish. ;)
Tanks: salty nano cube, working on a fresh 125

Life is too short to wake up with regrets.  So love the people who treat you right.  Forget about the one's who don't.  Believe everything happens for a reason.  If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands.  If it changes your life, let it.  Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.

sniggir

welcome to the club...and I am sure that moderators appreciate your appologie as I am sure they don't get them very often.
90 gallon/ 90 gallon sump all male show tank, 75g Accie, 75g masoni reef alonacara, yellow lab and trio of flame backs, 75 gal tawain reef, 75 gal bi500, red shoulder, blue regal,
40 gal breeder  F1 electric blue frierei, 25 gal sunshine peacock males awaiting females, 20 gallon trio albino pleco, 65gal neolamprongus Brachardi pulcher 2 30g fry grow out, 20g hatchery with 4 batches of eggs currently
Starting on a fish wall for breeding more coming soon!

Dr. Ashtray

Believe me, that was not the first time I have been loud and abrasive.  It comes naturally for me...unfortunately.  I agree, we wouldn't want to affect any children in a bad way.  You never think of that in the process of letting of steam about an issue that cuts you to the core like our shoddy retail system.  Now i have thought of it, this should prevent any further outburst, whether misunderstood or not!  Haha!!  In any event, you all have yourselves an excellent day!!  I will be a frequent visitor to this fine site.

Did I mention that my sister is a local singer/songwriter.  www.myspace.com/lindsaylive

Check it out.  Maybe it will lighten this whole day up for everyone!

Jeffrey...