Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

New member with new tank

Started by renadia, September 09, 2007, 11:01:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

renadia

Hi,

Just joined yesterday and I just bought a second hand 50 gal tank. I have a pond with 5 Koi and 4 goldfish and was looking for an aquarium to bring them in for the winter. Got a great deal with fish included. I now have a dilemma, this tank has 3 Blood Parrot, 1 Rainbow Shark, 1 Plecostomus and 2 Synodonptus at least that's what the guy at La Niche told me, he also said I can't mix the Blood Parrot and Rainbow shark with my Koi because first they live in warmer water and second there might be fighting for space in the tank, they are pretty big.

[attachment deleted by admin]

BigDaddy

Welcome... and congrats on winning the raffle at La Niche yesterday!

You may want to consider selling the additional fish here on the forums or at the mini auction at the end of the month.  As well, some pet stores will take the fish as donations.

beowulf

Salut je suis heureux que tu as gagne le tirage!!!  Comme j'ai dit hier, vend les poissons ici, je suis certain qu'ils vont trouver de nouvelles maisons vite.

renadia

Un petit problème, on est tombé en amour avec les 3 Blood Parrot. Je suis en décision si je vais acheter un autre aquarium ou  non. J'ai reçu un appel ce matin une 75 gal toute équipé pour 350.00 :D

beowulf

Et voila!!!  Le syndrome d'aquarium multiple commence!!!  ;)

babblefish1960

You just have to love the obvious solutions, when in conflict over fish you want to keep, because they don't get along or have enough space, get more tanks, sounds good to me! :)

Welcome to the website , and of course the club as well, congratulations on winning the raffle, and we hope to see you at a meeting soon. ;)

BigDaddy

Ca commence... ca commence...

Bonne prix pour le 75.  La plus part des 75 ici vent pour environ $400-600.

(There is my horrible french writing for the day.... can speak it and read it, just can't type it!!!!)

renadia

;D  Good français!

Thanks for the welcome, sure will go to the next meeting. It's now 1 pond and 1 55 gal and maybee  either the 75 gal for the Koi or a 32 gal for the Blood parrot.

I have to figure out how to post pictures of my fish