Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

any suggestions for crossbreeding goldfish?

Started by bettabreeder, September 11, 2007, 08:49:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bettabreeder

hi guys i was wondering if anybody knows what type of fancy goldfish that i could crossbreed? any suggestions would be nice.
Brendan

KLKelly

Keep in mind goldfish need a lot of room (at least ten gallons per fish) and it seems you can't even give them away on this forum.

Breeding two fancy types, you will still get a lot of single tails and fantails.

I feel so bad for my moor female - I wish I had only males. She gets so banged up and tired - I've had to take out all the ornaments and put sponges over the intake because she kept scratching her eyes.

My Oranda males spawned with my moor female and I have two fry in a ten gallon.  They look like they will be fantails - nothing special about them.  They'll go back into my 90 gallon when they get to about two inches.  After three months they are 1" - and are poop machines.

dan2x38

We just had my son - latios' - goldfish picked up this aft. took almost a month to get them a new home. They were getting to big in their 10g. There going to a great pond 20'x12' by 4' deep... they will love it...! :) Thanks to RSouth!

Remember if you cross breed you do not know what you will get. They can be very disformed. Some so they can't even eat properly. Can't compete for food with others. Not able to swim properly... whole set of potential problems... :( IMO not fair to the fish... Goldfish suffer so much it is ashame... IMO!
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."