Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

My water is toxic help!

Started by renadia, September 12, 2007, 08:35:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beowulf

Yours do not look dyed, the dyed ones tend to be the weird colors like hot pinks or flo green etc.

BigMomma

Bonjour and welcome, we met at LaNiche last weekend during our membership drive (I filled out your application).

Have you been able to do a water change yet?

I think regardless of the how people feel about crossbreads, if you like the fish and you have taken it home you should provide it with the best care possible. I am happy to see that is what you are doing!  :)

Once your tank is stabilized you may want to add some driftwood or clay pots for them to have hiding places.

BigMomma

Oops I made a mistake, I didn't realize these Blood Parrots were full size adults, you should probably put as little as possible in the tank to give them more room.  :)

dan2x38

When I said no water change I meant until at least the next day when you get some Prime. It's suspected by some that there might be larger than normal levels of chloramine in our water... some water conditioners break down the chloramine but do not detoxify the amominia broken down from the chlormine which can create even a higher spike... NOW MIND YOU THIS IS A GUESS... Not trying to confuse you there's been a lot of sudden large fish die offs after water changes this theory might be the cause... Prime is the ticket to battle this...

They also tatoo these characters... they have offered them on Valentines Day with, I - a heart - U plus other abusive things!  >:( They even tatoo their lips then call them lipstick Parrots...  >:(
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

renadia

Quote from: dan2x38 on September 13, 2007, 08:39:33 PM
When I said no water change I meant until at least the next day when you get some Prime. It's suspected by some that there might be larger than normal levels of chloramine in our water... some water conditioners break down the chloramine but do not detoxify the amominia broken down from the chlormine which can create even a higher spike... NOW MIND YOU THIS IS A GUESS... Not trying to confuse you there's been a lot of sudden large fish die offs after water changes this theory might be the cause... Prime is the ticket to battle this...

They also tatoo these characters... they have offered them on Valentines Day with, I - a heart - U plus other abusive things!  >:( They even tatoo their lips then call them lipstick Parrots...  >:(
That 's awfull that they would tatoo fish, I would not go there. I got these fish with the tank, had no idea what they were about. Had a 32 gal many years ago and got back into this hobby this summer with a 300 gal pond. Bought the aquarium to bring in my Koi but now I have fallen in love with this group. Still working on having the hubby agree to a bigger tank ;D. Bank to my tank I did 2 water changes (Big Al's had not yet gotten to unpack the Prime) I have Aqua Plus tap water conditioner which I added to get rid of the Chloramine, also added some Multi-Purpose Bio-support to at least try and get the bacteria going. I also added a bit of salt ( I always add some afte a water change in my pond for fish stress) and all the fish look happy. I'm going to La Niche today to get a testing kit (yep I won a 25$ certificate when I joined OVAS last weeekend  ;D) so that will help in buying that and will  buy some Prime.

renadia

Quote from: BigMomma on September 13, 2007, 11:24:25 AM
Oops I made a mistake, I didn't realize these Blood Parrots were full size adults, you should probably put as little as possible in the tank to give them more room.  :)
I think I convinced the hubby that I needed a 75 gal, he's not to happy about it :-\
now I have to find the guys number that has a second hand 75 gal for sale (it also comes with some fish!). I would put the tropical fish in the 75gal and the Koi in the 55gal they are still small.