Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

single female having babies with stranger

Started by NjOyRiD, September 24, 2007, 04:29:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NjOyRiD

Hi guys, i just noticed that my female convict is guarding some fry! humm shes single!? With her i have a male firemouth, a male jewel!
Is it possible I'm doing some hybridation? thanx
370g System

220g tank, 65g Sump. octopus Cone skimmer xp-5000, vertex zf-30 nitrate reactor, RX6 DUO Ca reactor, Mp60w Ecotech pump, 2x 400w MH XM bulbs 15k. All controlled with DA RKE-net controller, Water Blaster HY-3000 return pump, Vertex Zf-15/Carbon, Vertex Zf-15/GFO

beowulf

One would think that is what is happening unless Jesus is coming back as a fish.

Mettle

Probably the firemouth... The Jewel is a West African cichlid and I don't think that it's 'compatible' with the convict.

Keep us updated on the survival rate of the fry and show us some pics if any develop! 

beowulf

I was thinking the same thing.  I had a couple of fish sold to me as firemouth but as they aged they started to look as if part jewel so I think they cross is very possible.

Fishnut

That's so wierd.  I can't wait to see what the babies look like.  I guess even fish have "needs" and compromise...lol.