Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Breaking python Help please

Started by rnish, August 14, 2008, 04:08:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rnish

Hi!
I have MTS badly and my python gets used for at least 2-3 hours every weekend. 

First the connection to the tap broke ::)... I bought a replacement LEE (blue) syphion attachment and a hose quick connect system to reduce wear.  The LEE wasn't as good as the python syphion attachment. It leaked more tending to spray water all over my laundry room.  It was harder to put into the filling mode.  I took my broken python and put it onto the LEE sink attachment.  That worked well for a few months.  One day when I put it into syphion mode the whole lower portion broke in my hands >:(....

Is there anywhere to buy a brass or metal (rather than plastic) syphion attachment that runs the python ?  Big Als used to carry a better replacement but they say it is discontinued.  The way this is going I'll need to buy a new python syphion every 6 month or year.

Your knowledgable help would be appreciated
:)
JADE

Tsukiyomi-sakura

No sure if you can get a part but maybe Canadian tire or Rona has some attachment to get o fit the python

dan2x38

Just get the water bed fill kit from Walmart it is less then $10 I think.
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

fischkopp

This is not metal or brass, but much better quality plastics than Phyton and Lee: Marina Aqua-Vac Water Changer Suction Pump

I replaced my Phyton suction part (broke within one year) with the Marina and am totally happy with it.

Shortly after - since there was more pressure on the tubing - the ball valve broke. I replaced it with a Gardena valve. It works MUCH better then the phyton one. And as little addon you will get a quick-connect. Now I can easily change between the syphon attachment or refill assembly that I just hook onto the aquarium. Best investment I ever made! Quick and lazy hands-free water change  ;D
be aware of the green side
my fish suck
L007 ♦ L014 ♦ L034 ♦ L046 ♦ L106 ♦ L128 ♦ L134 ♦ L136B ♦ L183 ♦ L191 ♦ L200 ♦ L340 ♦ LDA031

BigDaddy

Geez... I have had my python for over 4 years and the only thing I've done is use the quick disconnect.

What are you guys doing to your Pythons!!!!   :D

rnish

thanks a lot everyone! Great suggestions. :)
I am not rough with my python but I live in the lowest part of my town and I have terrific water pressure. I can water my front and back lawn at the same time.   I also have 12 different fishtanks up and running nowand do weekly vaccuum and water changes.

Jade