Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

fish for 33gal?

Started by irene, September 22, 2007, 07:09:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

beowulf

Quote from: irene on September 26, 2007, 07:12:01 AM
I'm happy with it, the fish have settled in nicely and are out and about!  The zebra loaches have completely cleaned up a major pond snail infestation, not a snail in sight! ;D ;D

Irene

They do an amazing job.  Are you seeing them more?  One thing I have noticed with my loaches is that they prefer more subdued lighting and they come out more then.

irene

They do seem do be out a fair bit, not all at once but a few at a time.  When I walk into the room, they scatter and hide.  To look into the tank you'd think it's completely empty!  But, if I sit and watch for a minute or two I'll see one loachy face after another peek out of the rocks then emerge! :)  They are really, really cute.  :)

Irene

dan2x38

I got 3 YoYo's and they did a number on the pond snails... they are still small when adults snails would not stand a chance... I see them swimming out & about all the time they are fun to watch... I wanted the zebras but they were a little more costly...  :(
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."