Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Hydor ETH Heaters

Started by Dr. Ashtray, October 15, 2007, 01:16:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Ashtray

I was unaware that those heaters existed.  What a great idea.  No in-tank heater. 

I gotta get me some of these!!!

Of course ,the smaller versions, I don't need any of them there 300 watters as of yet.

thanks for bringing these to my attention!!

Jeffrey...

normc

I have a Hydor  inline heater on one of my tanks (60 gal). So far no problems and the tank temp is very stable.

audioslave_36

I didn't know the were available either, but when I saw them I knew I had to have them for my 220g ID Shark tank.   :) no more smash heaters :)

Alchemist

A little pricey but what a good idea.  Anyone wnow where the best deals on these are currently?  I only see them on the Big Al's site.

audioslave_36

Ask Ross where he bought the two I bought from him.

RossW

I bought mine @ Big Als Kanata.

normc

Make sure the hose size matches the one on your filter, some are metric and others US. The first one I bought I had to return as the hose size was US and my hose was metric.

RossW

Quote from: normc on October 19, 2007, 06:18:58 PM
Make sure the hose size matches the one on your filter, some are metric and others US. The first one I bought I had to return as the hose size was US and my hose was metric.

I believe this is only relevant to the 200W model.  The 200W model comes in 1/2" or 5/8" hose.  The 300W is 5/8" only.