Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Whoa!

Started by plecoL83, October 22, 2007, 07:20:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

plecoL83

I had a major algae outbreak from all the light that shines in my fish tank at this time of year. So I cleaned it, and pruned a lot of my plants. Later coming back to check on my fish tank 4 things happened. In this order, 1) My flag fish exhibited spawning behavior although I didn't see them as I had to leave, 2)My zebra danois spawned in the java moss (I noticed this when I got back) 3) I noticed I couldn't find my dwarf gouramis anywhere -still searching 4) My CPD's also spawned but in a different patch of java moss, as this was a very small patch the eggs were emediatly engulfed by my piggie platy. Just though I'd share.
Pleco L83.

washefuzzy

Busy day in the fish tank!

dan2x38

What a bunch of fornacators... LOL hope the gouramis show up... Good luck on th eCPDs... I never seen the eggs what do they look like?
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

beowulf

Ummm wow.....lots of babies in your future.

renadia

I guess they really enjoyed all that extra light and extra privacy all the algea provided
;D ;D

Busy tank!

NetCop

Have you been using red lights for your tank?  ;D

PaleoFishGirl

Amazing when a water change induces spawning behaviour - I've had it happen in one species but never three at the same time! Cool! 8)

beowulf

Quote from: PaleoFishGirl on October 23, 2007, 11:25:57 AM
Amazing when a water change induces spawning behaviour - I've had it happen in one species but never three at the same time! Cool! 8)

Seems to work for my malawi's and for the kribs in the other tank.

plecoL83

No I'm not using red lights, and I've had species spawn after a water change but never 3 at the same time. Intresting....