Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

It never rains...

Started by keansor, November 03, 2007, 11:21:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

keansor

My boyfriend has been posting the last couple of days about his problems with his Danios at work...apparently we are having a jinxed week fish-wise, as one of our lovely platies in our home aquarium is now having problems (no shared equipment, food, or anything else between the two aquariums, so the problems are unrelated). Our female platy gave birth on Sunday or Monday (at least her third birth in the last three months). As usual, no fry were seen in the tank (they either ended up as a snack or are hiding somewhere). This morning she had a big white spot in the middle of her tail (2-3mm, so too big to be Ick?). Tonight when we got home, a slice of her tail was missing; a split up the middle all the way to her body, and most of the white spot is gone with it. She is acting normally, eating, swimming, and generally being pestered by a male (as usual). I am at a complete loss at what to do. All of the other fish seem fine; ammonia 0, nitrite 0, nitrates <10. We did our usual weekly 20% water change this morning (after noticing the spot). The only change to the tank recently has been the addition of a school of neon tetras last Sunday who seem to be thriving. Is there anything we can do for her?

renadia

poor thing  :(  maybe you can try Melafix it helps heal wounds and watch how she's doing and keep an eye on the other fish. If it apprears on other fish it might be a parasite, I would change the subject to add something like "is it a parasite? " this would bring attention to the problem you are having and if you can to post a picture

Good luck, I just went through Ick and lost 2 fish  :(