Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Pleco: Identity Crisis

Started by KatarinaH, November 09, 2007, 11:10:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KatarinaH

My daughters pleco has an identity crisis. It seems to think it's a goldfish. :D

I feed her pleco two algae disks everynight and it doesn't eat them. Instead it goes to the surface and eats the red BA's brand fish pellets I put in there for the goldfish and it sucks up the goldfish flake while it's at it.

Am I doing something wrong or is the fish just confused?

It looks hilarious, the next time he does it I'm taking a picture if I can to show you.

Nerine

my pleco used to come to the surface for "treats" - cichlid pellets!
55 Gallon: Zamora Woodcats, Gold Gourami, Severum, Convicts
Misc tanks: Glo Light Tetras, Harlequin Tetras, Danios, Platies, Guppies, Otto cats
Breeding: Platies, Guppies, Convicts

beowulf

A lot pf plecos, especially the common ones, will eat anything.  It might just find that food tastier and wants it.

fischkopp

Some plecos are carnivora or at least polyphagy. So depending on what typ of pleco you have exactly they may not enjoy algae wavers too much.
be aware of the green side
my fish suck
L007 ♦ L014 ♦ L034 ♦ L046 ♦ L106 ♦ L128 ♦ L134 ♦ L136B ♦ L183 ♦ L191 ♦ L200 ♦ L340 ♦ LDA031

plecoL83

one of  my plecos swims right through mid water almost all the time, its really funny. :D