Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

fry in my sunfish tank!

Started by irene, December 03, 2007, 08:29:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

irene

Finally!!  Wether or not they'll survive we'll see.  They are very, very tiny, like a small sliver with eyes.  After much intent staring ( see 'side tracked by your tanks thread.. ;D)  I saw 2 in there, then they promptly swam away and I couldn't see them again.  There also appears to be a cluster of eggs which I don't think are snail eggs in there.  Hard to say though, they're small and tucked away in the java moss.  I'm feeding the adults well on live blackworms so hopefully they'll find those more enticing than eating the babies...Ok, must go back and stare at tank now.. ;)

Irene

Vizerdrix

Congratulations!!!  Hope they make it!

Jeff1192

That's really cool. I know nothing about these fish. Do they commonly breed in the aquarium? If they don't you must have a magic touch...first puffers and now these ones!

Jeff
17 Gallon Seapora Crystal:: Cherry shrimp and red crystal shrimp

90 Gallon:: p. acei itunji, p. elongatus chewere, p. Saulosi, cyno zebroides jalo reef

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"
                        - George Orwell

irene

From what I understand, they are supposed to be pretty easy to breed.  This is my first try though...

plecoL83

Vizerdrix

I used to have Black Banded Sunfish (I think that's what they were) about 10-12 years ago.  Can't remember who the heck I sold them to (so much from that time period is a blank...)  I wish I could have bred them, but things did not work out.

From what I hear, most of the Sunfish are fairly easy to breed, given the proper conditions. Not putting down your accomplishment, though!  It's fantastic that you are able to do that!  Shows that your fishies are happy! :D