Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Any comments about EHEIM Filters?

Started by FISHEYE, February 08, 2007, 09:57:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FISHEYE

I bought a Eheim 2213 Classic Canister filter (up to 65 Gal) online for a 29 gallon planted freshwater tank. I already have a Rena Canister filter and it works great, but I know nothing about Eheim.  Does anyone use, or know about these filters?  They claim to be the top-seller in canister filters...

artw

they are top selling for a reason. I have a 2217 and its great.  A few years ago I was using a 2226 for about 5 years, and I loved it.

Toss

8)GOOD CHOICE 8)
I never bought new one myself, but never have any problem from 2nd or 3rd hand ones. It is so quite, I have to put my hand on it to check if it turn on  ;)
75 gal - Mosquito rasbora, Bushynose pleco, RCS
9 gal - CRS
40 gal - Longfin Albino Bushynose pleco, RCS

FISHEYE

Thanks a lot for the input!  I am now confident with my choice!

White Lightning

Yep, Personally I think Eheim filters are top notch!!! And I agree that they are so quiet. I have a 2215 that I bought brand new and at first I was thinking that it was fairly expensive, but now I think that it was worth every penny.

Sue

I've never had one break down yet. And one of mine has been running about 15 years!
I also find them easier to clean and restart than fluval's.

babblefish1960

I'm with you on that Sue, a very reliable piece of kit, once you get past the initial investment, you have a solid filter for many years, which are cheaper in the long haul than any others.

328iGuy

I concur, running Eheims on all of my tanks and would never look back.  Maintenance is 10x easier than any other cannister I have used and extremely quiet and reliable.  I am mostly running the Eheim ProII 2026 on my tanks.

BigDaddy

I've got Pro II's on my tanks and a couple of the 2200 series as well.  Love these filters, you really can't go wrong with them.

sylvain

I presently use 13 eheim 2228 pro II, never had a problem, very quiet and reliable, used to have hagen fluval, would never ever go back!
Sylvain 
220-
150-
120-