Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Our 77gal. Reef

Started by angelfreak, January 20, 2008, 10:52:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

angelfreak

Hi evereyone, just a quick post of the progress of our Reef setup that we originaly were going to Nano, but hey why go small when you can go BIG. So here is were we are at with a lot of help and info. from a lot of members. Thanks Everyone.

I'll post more details soon. Here are some pics till then, please tell me what you think.

Scott & Jen

[attachment deleted by admin]

darkphreak

I made a spraybar when setting up my big tank. It didnt work as well as I thought it would...low flow... and unless you drill another hole near the waterline(siphon break) if the power goes out you'll drain the tank into the sump.

In the testing phase I also noticed that the spraybar lifted stuff off the sandbed and put it into the water column make the water look dirty.

angelfreak

there is a hole at the top, you have to make sure you drill your holes carefully and proper angel and start small. you have to realize that you will be pushing against almost 700lbs of water weight. I am pushing around 400gal./hour through my sump with this setup, works perfect.

Scott

groan

i LOVE all the smaller peices of rock! looks fantastic and gives you lots of room for coral mounting.
loking forward to seeing it develop.

audioslave_36

Hice job Scott. Looks awesome so far :)