Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

nudi ID

Started by mdugly, January 27, 2008, 01:04:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mdugly

Any ideas ? 
It was 'on the move' when I spotted it, but kinda looked like (the nearby) xenia when in the tank.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Heidi

wow looks interesting....
120 gal - Salt water Fish Only
25 gal - Salt Water Reef
Rotti named Nimh
Cat named Yoda
Numerous Bearded Dragons
Numerous BP's and other snakes
Numerous other geckos and lizards

pwrca

Can't help you ID it, but is an ugly little critter.

beertech

Nudibranchs usually look like whatever they feed on. ( If they eat Xenia, they are white with little tufts on top, etc,) So if you have any corals of that color, I would keep an eye on them.   

groupie02

It's kinda hard to tell how big those things are from the picture. Could you tell us how big they are and describe them a bit?

Cheers

mdugly

When in the tank, it looked like a solid light pink color. At first glance, I thought it was
xenia splitting/moving, leaving a stretchy "foot".  But then I noticed the attenanna and watched
it slowly move away from the xenia.

The pics don't do justice - would need a macro lens to get a good shot, it is very small (<1cm)
It looks like nothing in my tank - closet thing would be a peppermint shrimp (due to the fine lines).
But when in the tank, it was different and could blend in with anything light pinkish (like xenia, or maybe zoo stalks ?)

I don't know what it eats, or where it came from, or how long its been there.
I am kinda puzzled.

I used a QT for 6 months now - everything spends at least 2 weeks in there first, with exception being snails... 
(but think will start QT snails too now ;-)  Haven't added any corals tho, just peppermint shrimp and urchin.
and a couple pieces of rubble that was in holding tank for >6months

Anyway, it is now in QT, which is due for a complete tear down cleaning... so probably won't see it again.