Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

c02 not working

Started by dandaman, March 10, 2005, 07:48:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dandaman

I just bought a c02 at superpet.
Had nothing wrong with it, its been a day and a half but still no bubbles going up the ladder.
Anyone know the problem?
Do you keep the tubing at its regular length?
thanks[/list]
80- 5 Tropheus Brichardi Malagarasi
55- Planted Communnity
35- Discus/Angel Community
10- Breeding tank

DARKPHREAK

Are you using the packs of yeast that come with it? If so they are probably inactive. Go buy some yeast/baking soda/powder(whichever it is) and make your own batch.

DonCorleone

temp. and water play a role in producing CO2 as well. Give it 12-48 hours and if you don't see anything, your stuff is prolly inactive... BUt ya, get some yeast, sugar and water, and you're good to go. Prolly the easiet DIY project I've ever done. also, the less tubing the better, as you prolly guessed...

dannypd

If you're looking for something that lasts a WHILE, put 1/10 yeast ratio to sugar  (10 tablespoons of sugar per 1 tablespoon of yeast, EXAMPLE ONLY).  Dilute together with warm water.

If you want lotsa bubbles, but short duration, increase the yeast to sugar ratio (1/2, 1/3, etc).

Iceman

I put 10ml yeast in 250ml sugar. DIY 2 litre pop bottle. Last about 20 days.

dannypd

Quote from: "Iceman"I put 10ml yeast in 250ml sugar. DIY 2 litre pop bottle. Last about 20 days.

ok, my calculations were wrong..but diff yeast, diff results.

so 1/25 ratio seems good for a while as well, LOL

BigDaddy

When I was doing DIY I was doing 1/4 tsp yeast in 2 cups of sugar.  Lasted almost 3 weeks, sometimes longer.

dannypd

Quote from: "BigDaddy"When I was doing DIY I was doing 1/4 tsp yeast in 2 cups of sugar.  Lasted almost 3 weeks, sometimes longer.

I'm using 1 tsp, 2 cups sugar, 1.8 liters water.

It's been 2 weeks so far, pushing 7" underwater.

dandaman

Never mind... all is good!
80- 5 Tropheus Brichardi Malagarasi
55- Planted Communnity
35- Discus/Angel Community
10- Breeding tank