Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

some anenome pic's

Started by sniggir, February 06, 2008, 09:30:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

groupie02

You don't need MH to keep an anemone.

Darth

I was told that I need good lighting, I only have 96w t5's running now

groupie02

96w of T5s over a 29g is not bad lighting. What type of bulbs do you have? How is everything else doing in your tank?

Darth

I have 2 actinics and 2 white 24w each, they are hagen bulbs, and the actinics aren't the right spectrum, but am getting pc's soon. Everything except for the xenia does fine

FishPassion

You need a minimum of 120 watts for btas and more for carpets or the will definitely wander. Ritteris are one of most most light demanding nems and will wander everywhere and anywhere. Soooooo I wouldnt rule out Mhs for anemones depending on what type you have or are getting...
80 corner diamond
110 short
40 cube

groupie02

True, better lights allow you to keep different types of anemones. The size and depth of your tank also plays a big role here.

twisty

i was meaning to post this pic!
here's a pic of my LTA!

Vallely4

wooooo nice. Does the picture show its true color, bluey-green & purple?
...I like it!

Cheebs

Sweet stuff twisty.  Here's a couple of mine,  I finally got the right white balance wiht my camera:

[attachment deleted by admin]

twisty

It's preaty close!
This was shot under the attinics.

Quote from: Vallely4 on February 29, 2008, 01:00:56 AM
wooooo nice. Does the picture show its true color, bluey-green & purple?
...I like it!

groupie02

very nice pictures everyone

sniggir

90 gallon/ 90 gallon sump all male show tank, 75g Accie, 75g masoni reef alonacara, yellow lab and trio of flame backs, 75 gal tawain reef, 75 gal bi500, red shoulder, blue regal,
40 gal breeder  F1 electric blue frierei, 25 gal sunshine peacock males awaiting females, 20 gallon trio albino pleco, 65gal neolamprongus Brachardi pulcher 2 30g fry grow out, 20g hatchery with 4 batches of eggs currently
Starting on a fish wall for breeding more coming soon!

Darth

This isn't mine but mu sister-in-law works as a dive instructor in the carribean and she took this shot