Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

EMERGENCY!!!!

Started by sniggir, February 29, 2008, 03:50:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sniggir

hey guys I could realy use some help... does anyone have a spare canister filter... larger the better and also a UV sterilazer that I could borrow for like 2-3 days... my tank is doing some realy funky things I just lost all of my urchin's my YT... I am doing some WC but realy would like to try and protect my investment if any one can help.. Oh and heaters would be a big help aswell.

Thank-you in advance Pat
90 gallon/ 90 gallon sump all male show tank, 75g Accie, 75g masoni reef alonacara, yellow lab and trio of flame backs, 75 gal tawain reef, 75 gal bi500, red shoulder, blue regal,
40 gal breeder  F1 electric blue frierei, 25 gal sunshine peacock males awaiting females, 20 gallon trio albino pleco, 65gal neolamprongus Brachardi pulcher 2 30g fry grow out, 20g hatchery with 4 batches of eggs currently
Starting on a fish wall for breeding more coming soon!

xenon

Damn that sux.

I would help you out but I just moved into a new place today.

I am knee deep in transferring all my own fish/corals at the moment. Good luck!

beowulf

I have a uv sterilizer i have not used but I am at work until 10 tonight so earliest you could come and get it is tomorrow.

sniggir

I would like to say a very special Thank-you to evryone who has called sent Pm's and offered help, the amount of people that have come to my aid... has been heart warming and reminds me why I think ovas is such a great club and form.. just to list a few Tan, Heidi, Ray, ottawadiscus, Rock garden, Dpatte, and Severum... I am most indebted to all of you.

Again Thank-you so much... I will let you all know how everything goes, I have done 1 25 gal WC and am about to do another shortly.. I have a UV sterilzer set up aswell as an AC 150 and a PHosband with Carbon.

THANK-You so much Pat
90 gallon/ 90 gallon sump all male show tank, 75g Accie, 75g masoni reef alonacara, yellow lab and trio of flame backs, 75 gal tawain reef, 75 gal bi500, red shoulder, blue regal,
40 gal breeder  F1 electric blue frierei, 25 gal sunshine peacock males awaiting females, 20 gallon trio albino pleco, 65gal neolamprongus Brachardi pulcher 2 30g fry grow out, 20g hatchery with 4 batches of eggs currently

sniggir

well here is another update... things are starting to clear up and stablize... for the most part the water is back to proper clarity.. looks like I have lost all of my fish accept for the clowns, and i have lost most of my inverts aswell. i don't have my lights on the tank as I have so much equipment on the tank to help with the water quality. and I will probly leave it like this for another day so I will updat you on the corals and everything else latter but looks like most of the Zoa and hardier corals are doing fine and it only look as though I may lose my Blue stag horn and my True superman Denea....

Again I can't Say thank-you anough for everyones help... this has been a greatly moving/painful experience for me... moving because of all of the great people that are apart of either this form or part of this great club... makes me very proud to be a Ovas member.

groan

wow, that's rough.

let us know what you lose, mayvbe some of us can help you regrow your population for you.

Severum

Any idea what caused this crash?
Regards,
Steve Everum

"We like people for their qualities, but love them for their defects."

120 gallon reef

sniggir

I am still puzzled.. at the moment by it to be honest.. but we shall see, I have been doing more WC and will keep them up for the nxt 3-4 days aswell as running a ton of carbon.. and the UV... It looks like I will be looseing about half of my corals, it looks like my some of my LPS is going to be okay.. but I am not yet sure about my SPS  :'(... all of my Zoa seem to be doing okay.. and my wife's sun polyps ... are not doing so hot so they are in quarintine with the Favia, and the Acan...

Again I can't say Thank-you anough for the help I have recieved this weekend

Pat

sniggir

here is another update... well I had some good news this morning... looks like my royal gramma pulled threw... I have moved most of the equipment back into the sump and have done another big WC.. Life activity seems to be better... My horse shoe crab was out today.. most of my snail are either not happy or toast... so looks like I will be investing in a new clean up crew.. as I have a fealing that I will be going threw the joys of cycling again.... it looks like some of my SPS may pull threw but my new wild caught deep water.... may not make it... :'(...

well this gives me more reason to get the 120 up and running sooner than later...

and on top of all of this going on I have the flu and so do my 2 little girls... ahh you know what they say bad things happen in three's

lol well I just thought I would keep you guys posted back to bed for me