Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Strange Bubbles/Eggs???

Started by fishboy, March 03, 2008, 07:20:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fishboy

Well when i went to go look at my tank, i noticed thousands of little bubbles in the tank. But when i turned off the flow to get a better look they loooked more like eggs. I made sure it wasnt my emrald crab spawning again. When i turned of the flow the "eggs" gathered together in several diffrent groups and made a tornado like shape? I have no clue of what they are. i do have a cleanersrhimp in the tank but i am pretty sure it wasnt him. I took some pictures the "eggs" are at the top of the tank.

Any ideas of what they are??

THanks.

xenon

Take a picture and post it here if you can.

fishboy

bubbles at the top

[attachment deleted by admin]

groan

fishboy

At the time not really. I had just fed them. THey are all gone now. Dont know what happened over night... ?

AdamN

look and sound like just plain ol air bubbles to me

fishboy

i dont think so. these things were round and white. it doesnt really matter, they are all gone but i was just checking if anyone had this happen to them.

Cheebs

The only other thing I could think of are copepods, but that doesn't sound like normal behavior, and they aren't perfectly round.

jeeper014

Look like cleaner shrimp have spawn !! ( Larvae )

AdamN

Quote from: fishboy on March 04, 2008, 03:58:11 PM
i dont think so. these things were round and white. it doesnt really matter, they are all gone but i was just checking if anyone had this happen to them.

well no, if they were solid white then they are not air bubbles, musta been some kind of eggs, weird of them to behave that way though as they are usually stuck to something.