Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Pics of Clowns hosting a clam

Started by Achilles, March 08, 2008, 04:51:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Achilles

Thought I'd share a few pics.

Enjoy.

AdamN

nice shots!  but I bet you haven't seen a fox face kicking a clown out of his clam so he can host in it himself  :D

Achilles

Now that is cool....funny you mention the foxface, our is constantly at the clam, but, our clowns seem to have more pull.....

AdamN

yeah .. actually the clown did win in the end. He can be very agressive when he wants to be and his teeth stick out of his mouth, the F.F. tried, but that clown is not to be messed with. He sleeps in the clam every night and his partner sleeps in the brain right beside the clam.

Steve_2

The emperor does not pick at the clam??  :o

Achilles

Nope, he doesn't and neither does our flag fin, lg french, lg magestic, signapore and morish idol.....none touch the clam.

AdamN

ah .. you have an emperor i see it now, missed that. Thats great that no one bothers the clam. Does your clam grow fast? is it a Squamosa?

Tyler.L

how big is that tank? clam looks massive!

Achilles

The tank is a 210...and yes, the clam is a Squamosa grows like a weed and is HUGE....she is so big, we've had to move her around as she was touching the glass.  Very impressive.

yellowtang

wow.
I would be quite afraid the clam closed and pinched one of
the fish.
There was a member here at the club who lost a Yellowtang
that was trying to eat something out of a clam.......
was funny to see,yet sad to see the tang stuck to the closed clam.
cheers.
120g REEF Upgrading to a 180g soon
38G REEF