Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

YAY!!!!! My Sunpod Is Here!

Started by warr0088, March 11, 2008, 06:04:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

warr0088

I got a wonderful surprise from FedEx today ... I finally got my 150w MH that I purchased off of Ebay!  The MH looks great, and the moonlights are pretty cool as well!

I really need a CUC now though, as I already had algae growing in the tank before the Sunpod ... this is only going to make matters worse. 

I have at the moment:

-5 blue legs and 3 scarlet hermits
-2 histra or turbo snails
-2 astrea snails

What else should I be getting? 

[attachment deleted by admin]

Cheebs

Looking good so far!  More hermits and/or snails wouldn't hurt, and water changes.  If you only have cleanup in there, you can break in the light slowly to avoid a huge algae bloom, you don't need a full light cycle right away.

Cheers.

redbelly

Your tank is way too young for a cuc.
I would highly advise you to use other cleaners for your gravel such as cerith or nassarius.

Congrats on the light.

groupie02

Hey everyone, just to be clear, were you thinking CUC as in Cucumber or CUC as in Clean Up Crew?

beertech

I would add a lot more blue legs and astreas.  At least another 10 of each. 

redbelly

Quote from: groupie02 on March 14, 2008, 03:15:47 PM
Hey everyone, just to be clear, were you thinking CUC as in Cucumber or CUC as in Clean Up Crew?

Ahh, I think clean up crew must be what is meant by CUC.

warr0088

haha, ya, sorry for the confusion, I definately referred to "CUC" as clean up crew.  I picked up another 20lbs of LR tonight and will certainly need to add more hermits / snails ... only have a few things in there at the moment ...

warr0088

I havent used the MH light much but the led's certainly keep it bright enough for viewing until I get some corals and more critters.  I am very pleased with this light thus far, great colour on the bulb and lots of led's ... very diversified ... doesn't seem to affect my tank temp. much yet either, mind you it isn't summer yet!