Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Opinions on ASM Protein Skimmers

Started by Ormarr, March 17, 2008, 03:31:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ormarr

Are they worth looking into?  Trying to weigh my options for a skimmer that is 22-23 inches or so.  Would the ASM G2 be an option I should consider for a 90g setup?

xenon

What are you looking to spend on a skimmer?

ASM skimmers are "ok" but there are better choices out there IMO.

az

using the asm 6 and probably one of the best skimmers around, very stable, go for it.
AQUA VALLEY    
1158 Ogilvie Road, Ottawa

2016 Hours
Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri >> 12-7pm
Sat, Sun >> 11-5pm
Mon >> CLOSED
Tel: 613 695 6961 Fax: 613 695 6532  
www.aquavalley.ca

Ottawa's BIGGEST SALTWATER Selection

Tel: 613 695 6961 Fax: 613 695 6532     www.aquavalley.ca

Achilles

ASM used to be good, but for the price look around. There are much better skimmer in the same price range. Do a search on reefcentral and you'll find better options. If you even check there site, I believe they do not really do much with the asm line, but more focus on the Octopus line which are a much better skimmer.
Check http://asmskimmer.com/ which will link you to www.OctopusSkimmer.com. You might also what to check out the Tunze line.

veron

you have to check these out!
DAS skimmers
petorama.net

these are the older style DELTECS. shipping was only $36 from TEXAS 2 day expedited UPS  !!!! there very good for the price.
I have the EX-3

the ASM are decent as well but the only thing I don't  like about them is there plastic of some sort and not acrylic. they aren't clear
after awhile.

OCTOPUS skimmers are also very good

Ormarr

Thanks.  I think I'll end up going with the Octopus DNW110 (because of clearance issues under my stand).

xenon

Quote from: Ormarr on March 18, 2008, 12:07:10 PM
Thanks.  I think I'll end up going with the Octopus DNW110 (because of clearance issues under my stand).

I would have gone with the EXT PS-120.

http://www.reefspecialty.com/product_info.php?cPath=21_65&products_id=192&osCsid=a26a04c6b27722519a8ef5ed12803271

Ormarr

Fortunately, it wasn't too late for me to change my mind.  I went with the EXT instead.

chujai

hey Ormarr where did you end up ordering from?
ChuJai

SuperT

I guess I'm the only one who likes my asm (g3)  :o

Terry