New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Hello :)

Started by NiTeC, May 13, 2008, 08:48:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NiTeC

Hey guys...just got my activation and am already in love with this site...wish I knew about it a lot sooner...

Anywho - I'm Emil and have had a freshwater tank for a good 7 years now...for some reason unknown to me the current fish have survived the past 3 years and are still kicking strong....

I am now moving to a new house and have decided that since i have to empty out the aquarium and get started from scratch it's time to do a saltwater setup...so I started gathering some information and am on my way to my first marine setup...

The tank is a 30G (yeah yeah I know - its too small) but I am not planning on spending too much money on the setup until I get my "feet wet" as they say....I am also planning on taking my time with this setup - will start with sand, live sand, live rock and just base rock and after a month or two if it keeps steady will move to a fish or two and work my way up from there...

I'm into cars and photography (actually it was on the cars forums that somebody suggested this site - thanks CPAC) so I will likely be posting tons of pics of the setup as it goes along...

Cheers,

Emil

beowulf

Welcome!!

30 g is not to small at all, I have had an 12 gal nano and others around here have some as small as 5.  As long as you do your research and ask questions you should be fine.

What kind of cars you into?

dan2x38

Welcome nice to meet you. OMG not another salty photog...  :( LOL  You guys are tough in the photo contests. Every month we have a photo contest have to post your work... :) Good luck on the SW set-up sounds KEWL. Lots of SW help here that is for sure.
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

Vizerdrix

Welcome to the group, Emil!

saltynewb

Welcome Emil....Cant wait to see the set-up ;)

Btw I'm Andrew (CPAC)

NiTeC

thanks guys....soon as i`m back from NY project "salt'er up" is online :)

and i`m into german autos - mainly VW... :)