Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

On Line Plants

Started by buzz, June 17, 2008, 04:18:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buzz

Thanks for the advice on easy aquarium plants. Does anyone shop on line? I looked at one place and priced Anubias. Shipping would have cost as much as the plants, and I was placing a decent order, but I'm not prepared to spend dollar for dollar in shipping.
My wife isn't well, and we live in the country near Merrickville. Anyone know a good plant shop that ships?

dan2x38

Could always post in the Group Orders forum maybe some would be interested. I would depending on where your ordering? Lot of plant lovers here...
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

buzz

I checked aquarium plants.com , who deliver UPS overnight. The prices looked pretty good, but when I went to place a $65 order, the delivery charge was $62.
If I didn't have to drive farther than Barrhaven, app. 35min., I'd be happy to be part of a group order. I'm not an OVAS member, however. I couldn't make the meetings, and I haven't left my wife alone longer than an hour and a half, and then only recently. Her enjoyment of the hobby, is part of the reason that I started setting up tanks again after 30 years. Seems like a lot of good people here. I'm enjoying the company. So, how do we go about a group venture?

Laura

Why don't you just post in the classifieds for someone from Ottawa to try shipping to you?  I don't have enough to bother, but I would be surprised if someone local wouldn't pop some in a box for you if you're willing to pay for shipping. It would only take a couple of days to get to you through regular post and I expect most plants would make it.
Lots of folks have java fern and moss - anubias and african fern are pretty common too.

There's also a number of members in Barrhaven - you could try Toss.  Alternatively, just post a classifieds ad specific to Barrhaven and see if that get you any plants.
700 gal pond - Rosy reds

CrazyFish

There is someone on here from Richmond who regularly sells plants(and dry ferts) you could see what he has available.
90G Planted tank
65G Large Goldfish/Koi
48G Smaller Goldfish.
20G South American tank
10 Gallon Goldfish growout

RossW

Quote from: CrazyFish on June 20, 2008, 10:54:04 AM
There is someone on here from Richmond who regularly sells plants(and dry ferts) you could see what he has available.

That would be cal1956, http://ovas.ca/index.php?action=profile;u=2421

buzz

Appreciate the interest. I'm seeing Toss on Tuesday. He feels that he can accomodate my needs. It may take some accomodating. My 40g has new tank mates for the yellow labs, added 2 Rusties and 6 OB Peacocks,which about finish habitation for that tank.
Thanks y'all.

dan2x38

Tough tankmates for plants.
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

Toss

I gave him a bucket of Java fern and another bucket of Anubias, African fern and a bunch of other plants. Hopefully most of them will survive :)
75 gal - Mosquito rasbora, Bushynose pleco, RCS
9 gal - CRS
40 gal - Longfin Albino Bushynose pleco, RCS