Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Plants for a brackish tank

Started by Fishnut, August 02, 2008, 07:33:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fishnut

I need some suggestions for plants that would be good in a brackish tank.  I picked up a trio of Halfbeaks from BA a few weeks ago and they have a 10 Gallon to themselves.  Cool fish...pretty quarrelsome, but interesting...livebearers too!

Anyways, back to the subject at hand...I bought a plant from BA that they recommended for brackish water but I can't remember the name.  It looks like a cross between an anubias and a crypt.  Any ideas?

What else can you suggest that would survive brackish conditions?  I have 10 gallons to decorate with fish that stay at the surface and IF they have young, I would like to have something in there for the fry to hide in...considering how much the adults fight  ::)

dan2x38

Good old java fern, amazon sword I think too, Anubias, Crinum... bet ya java moss too that stuff lives in anything same hornwort.
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

irene

Here you go:

http://www.plantgeek.net/plantguide_list.php?category=8

Just noticed it doesn't say, but all the plants on that list are brackish adaptable.  If you click on the individual profiles, it'll come up. :)