Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Too much pearling?

Started by Jeff1192, September 16, 2008, 08:42:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff1192

So I've had my CO2 running for just a little over 2 weeks now and I've started full EI dosing now. I'm wondering if it's possible for my plants to pearl too much. By the end of the day some of my plants are literally covered in tiny bubbles? I know this is a sign of photosynthesis...but can you have too much? The other question is that I'm getting some green algae on my driftwood, large rocks and finer leaved plants. I'm wondering if this might be because I was a little slow in starting full dosing of ferts (I didn't dose at all the first week and then only twice the second week). I just started full dosing Sunday.

Thanks,

Jeff
17 Gallon Seapora Crystal:: Cherry shrimp and red crystal shrimp

90 Gallon:: p. acei itunji, p. elongatus chewere, p. Saulosi, cyno zebroides jalo reef

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"
                        - George Orwell

dan2x38

I am still not at full EI dosing but I had to restart because of leaks. From what Charlie told was to take 4 weeks to work up to full dosing. The green algae your talking about can be a sign of a healthy tank limited by healthy plant growth straving it out. It uses the same nutrients as do your plants. As far as I know pearling is Ok but to much is just to much is wasting CO2 cut it back a little.
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

charlie

Enjoy the champagne effect  :), let it be & continue with your dosing , keep monitoring the algae, as the tank kick in to high gear , things should settle down