Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

It's been a very long time.

Started by smalltownfan, October 06, 2008, 08:24:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smalltownfan

Anyone remember when the meetings were held in the basement of a building at Ottawa U and OVAS had displays at the Ottawa Ex?  I was a kid and was a member for a few years in the 60's. I bred Bettas and Cobra guppies. We moved away and unfortunately there was no internet to stay in touch. As time passed, other things were more pressing so aquariums took the back seat and there never seemed to be the time to get back into it. My kids found this site last year while researching information for their tanks, must be an inherited trait. Imagine their surprise when the old man knew what OVAS was and still remembered a thing or two about tropical fish and aquariums. Checking through the site I am amazed at some of the changes, techniques and products. Between 3 kids (not all living at home) they have 8 tanks from 3 gallon recovery tanks to a couple of 55's. Now with more time, and money ;-) I am looking to get back into the hobby again. Lot's of info, advice, interesting people and available help here so I'll be around.
FW Nano's 5g & 15g
Inverts & Micro fish

Laura

700 gal pond - Rosy reds

dan2x38

Great story nice to see you hanging around again. We are holding meetings at Jack Parcell Community Centre. The next meeting is Oct. 27th 7pm-9pm. Maybe you can find the time to come check us out?

Watch the classifieds lots of great set-ups posted form time to time of all sizes.

Hope to see you out at a meeting.
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

Marinus

I'm new here but I thought this was a nice story as well. Nice of you to drop in and say hello. I'll look forward to seeing what you'll choose for your new project. :)

charlie

Wow, nice story for sure, welcome back, are your kids in the area too? would be great if you can share some of your fond memories of the club back then, and as was suggested come on down to the meetings & get reacquainted with the family ;), make sure to introduce yourself.
Regards

Vizerdrix

Hey, great to see you found your way back! :)  Hopefully you'll be able to join us at one of the meetings in the future!