Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Tiger lotus question

Started by Jeff1192, October 09, 2008, 07:03:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff1192

So I've had my pressurized CO2 running for a few weeks now and I'm getting great growth with pretty much everything. However, my tiger lotus isn't getting that big. It was in my tank before CO2 so it was pretty small. I'm still getting new leaves growing, and they're quite red but the leaves aren't that big. Is this a type of plant that would benefit from root tabs? Any other ideas.

Thanks,

Jeff
17 Gallon Seapora Crystal:: Cherry shrimp and red crystal shrimp

90 Gallon:: p. acei itunji, p. elongatus chewere, p. Saulosi, cyno zebroides jalo reef

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"
                        - George Orwell

Zoe

Oh yeah, root tabs!  Tiger lotus have a HUGE root system - I had a mother plant in a 75g (4') tank and the roots reached both sides of the tank.  It will grow eventually. We got our mother plant as a bulb with one teeny leaf from Big Als; it took about a year but it did eventually get huge, flower, and produce lots of plantelets.  It thrived in all conditions, with or without CO2, highlight or medium light.  I don't find they really respond to CO2... in my experience they only explode with growth if their leaves are allowed to hit surface.