New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Hey-o

Started by dancercr, October 06, 2008, 01:57:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dancercr

Hey all!
I'm new to the boards here. I had a ten gal tank of tetras, Danios and Gouramis about ten years ago for about a year, until I brought in a sick pleco which gave them all white spot. Anyways, I'd like to have a few fish again and I just got a 5 gallon.
I'm babbling. That's all! Hi to everyone!

Vizerdrix

Welcome to the forum!  You'll find lots of helpful info from the friendly folks around here. :)

I can begin by saying that if you can, get something larger than a 5g.  They are very difficult to maintain because there isn't much water to absorb fluctuations in parameters or contaminates if they accidentally get into the tank.  You can also put a heck of a lot more in a larger tank. ;)

If you have the room, I would suggest going with at least a 20g system.

dan2x38

Nice to meet you Dancercr. You came to the right place to meet other fish folk. A lot great advice here too. Some awesome deals in the classifieds so if your just starting back up might want to keep an eye open.

Like Vizerdrix small tanks are not very stable. In fact they are a ton more work then a larger tank to maintain. In this case for sure... bigger is better.

Didn't catch where you are from but we have monthly meetings. There are usually presentations on one topic or another. Every meeting there is a great bunch to welcome you and chat fish or plants heck even hockey of you like... ;) Plus cookies & coffee...
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

apuppet

Hi dancercr, welcome to the forum.

That title reminded me of a "Banana Boat (Day-O)" song. hehehe. love your title!
planted