Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

strange bug

Started by new2H2O, October 27, 2008, 05:58:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

new2H2O

Have a strange 6 legged beige thing in my tank....I think it's dragonfly larvae by the googleing I did but It's creeping me out....any thoughts?

Has six legs, a split tail, googly eyes and what looks like wings...anyone want it??? You can come gt it yourself!

Want it gone it's gross!

tim_s

Large dragon fly larvae are able to eat smaller fish.
Keep an eye out.

Tsukiyomi-sakura

I had dragonfly larva in my tank aswell, didin't relize it till we found the adult flying around the kitchen, They are cool but yeah, do keep an eye on it.

Nerine

It's NOT dragonfly larvae but Damselfly...I get them from time to time! Sometimes I grow them out, and in the summer I dump them in my rain barrel to eat mosquitos!

Dragonfly larvae do not have split tail, that's the main way to tell the difference between the two. Plus to me it seems the dragonflies eyes are bigger hehe and you find them out of water too!
55 Gallon: Zamora Woodcats, Gold Gourami, Severum, Convicts
Misc tanks: Glo Light Tetras, Harlequin Tetras, Danios, Platies, Guppies, Otto cats
Breeding: Platies, Guppies, Convicts

fischkopp

Yup, most likely damselfly. Take it out, kill it! If you see one, you have many. Big fish will eat them, small fish may get eaten. Anything that hurts inverts will hurt them ...
be aware of the green side
my fish suck
L007 ♦ L014 ♦ L034 ♦ L046 ♦ L106 ♦ L128 ♦ L134 ♦ L136B ♦ L183 ♦ L191 ♦ L200 ♦ L340 ♦ LDA031