Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Saltwater Speaker Or Presentation This Year?

Started by RossW, October 01, 2008, 09:08:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RossW

I am not sure if the calendar of speakers/events has been finalized for the year but I was wondering if any are saltwater specific.  I do not expect anything along the lines of Anthony Calfo but a frag demo, or talk by one of our own would be sweet.  We also have 5 forums sponsors who do salwater only, and another 3 who support both salt water and fresh water, out of a total of 14 forums sponsors.  Maybe one of the 8 would be willing to talk for an hour.

charlie

Quote from: RossW on October 01, 2008, 09:08:49 PM
I am not sure if the calendar of speakers/events has been finalized for the year but I was wondering if any are saltwater specific.  I do not expect anything along the lines of Anthony Calfo but a frag demo, or talk by one of our own would be sweet.  We also have 5 forums sponsors who do salwater only, and another 3 who support both salt water and fresh water, out of a total of 14 forums sponsors.  Maybe one of the 8 would be willing to talk for an hour.

The callender is for the most part filled, stay tuned  ;)

groupie02

Charlie, what does that mean?  You already have something or there's some room for a salty talk and you're still looking?

charlie

Quote from: groupie02 on October 01, 2008, 10:18:33 PM
Charlie, what does that mean?  You already have something or there's some room for a salty talk and you're still looking?
It means that the program for the most part is filled, the chain of presentations touches on a bit of everything, i will not count my chickens before they are hatched as was done in the past, as the contacts are firmed up the announcements will be made at the end of each monthly club meeting.
I might add that there are only 8 meetings in the club season .

RossW

Quote from: charlie on October 02, 2008, 05:43:20 AM
i will not count my chickens before they are hatched

I will keep my fingers crossed that at least one of those eggs is in a brine bath :D

RossW

I did not go to the meeting last night.

Any updates on who the speakers will be in the coming month(s)?

Thanks,
Ross

charlie

Quote from: RossW on October 28, 2008, 11:06:10 AM
I did not go to the meeting last night.

Any updates on who the speakers will be in the coming month(s)?

Thanks,
Ross

When i find out , i`ll let you know
Too bad you missed out last night , it was a fantastic meeting, where members from all aspects of the hobby had a good time.