Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Lava Rock in sump? Ignore

Started by gauthier613, November 22, 2008, 02:18:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gauthier613

I am using a piece of Lava Rock in my sump to hold down my Detrius bag (aka nylon paint strainer from home hardware) from my down pipe.  I have heard that it could release metals in the tank is this true?

Nevermind I Found the answer

Hookup

gauthier613

Don't do it has Metals is in it from the Volcanos.    However it does lead me to a question we add metals suchs as Iodine ect ...... maybe it really is a good thing.  So it's still open.

SATELLITE

pets unlimited down my way use it in there tanks. i bought 4 nice pieces 2 years ago and there still in my tank. i haven't seen any problems.

PowderPurple

I don't see any problem for adding different type of rocks in your tank. I experimented with lace rocks 1 year ago and now my rocks are full of coraline and tubeworms or feahter dusters. They look pretty much alive to me. To further my experiement I only used those lace rocks in my nano tank for over 6 months now and everything seem to be ok. All my livesocks look healthy and the water are clean and clear.