Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Peppermint Shrimp disappearence..!!

Started by Jean L, December 07, 2008, 09:21:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jean L

Just wondering if someone else has had a Peppermint shrimp just vanish...
It has not been seen for 2 days now. It is (was) always visible and seemed in good health last time it was seen.

No molts shells or evidence of shrimp bits that it was enjoyed as a snack by my pesky green hermits..(i cant imagine it being a jumper either).

I guess I have room for a skunk cleaner shrimp now....

Jean

redbelly

2 days really is not enough time to worry about peppermint shrimp disappearing. They are most likely just hiding and have found a new home in your tank for now.
I have had 3 peppermint shimp in my tank for several years and if I see them once a month I am doing well.

Severum

I've had 2 peppermint and 1 cleaner disappear. I don't think they've been eated because there are still more shrimp in the tank.
Regards,
Steve Everum

"We like people for their qualities, but love them for their defects."

120 gallon reef

rockgarden

Peppermints tend to forage more at night so drop a bit of sinking food into the tank a couple of hours after the lights are out and use a small flash light to observe the after dark activity.

Ron

Jean L

Well looks like I can officially declare this shrimp M.I.A... :(
There has not been any trace of this critter since the original post.
What puzzles me (as mentioned above) is there has been no evidence left behind what so ever for me to figure out what happened to it..?!?!

J.

ricklude

i put 50 chery shrimp in my tank and 4 days later they was all hiding if i saw 1 once a day im luky. :D

littlelil

my first peppermint disappeared. when it's body came out a few days later, it was right in the middle of the large open area, fully in tact. My second peppermint disappeared and was never seen... I still have no idea of its whereabouts and that was over 6 months ago..