Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Biorb

Started by new2H2O, December 15, 2008, 10:44:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

new2H2O

Never had a saltwater tank and thought this may be a low maintenance way of getting into it...

Does anyone know anything about these? Considering getting one for the office  ;) and am just not sure they are worth the $.

Anyone have any experience?

http://www.biorbaquariumshop.co.uk/index.php

Severum

It looks to me like a headache waiting to happen. I don't think maintenance will be easy on those things, especially for a marine tank.
Regards,
Steve Everum

"We like people for their qualities, but love them for their defects."

120 gallon reef

new2H2O

Thanks, have never has a marine tank and am interested in starting but it just seems like soooo much work....

What abou the nano cubes? Anyone have experience with them?

Funkmotor

I'll tell you one thing from my own (vicarious) experience.  If you're putting a tank in at work, make it a freshwater one.  There's just too much fiddling and gear required to properly run a SW tank, and if you're away for more than a couple days you risk having any number of things go terribly wrong.

FW, on the other hand, can withstand periodic abscences and even lengthy ones with a minimum of preparation.

I used to have a 12x12x13 cube tank on my desk with a pair of Blue Rams and a few Oto's in it and it went great.  Lighting was a 27W 6500K corkscrew light in a desk lamp.  Got excellent plant growth, and the Rams even spawned several times.

Just my 2 cents.

new2H2O

Thanks, I think I have decided to stick to freshwater for the time being....

I do eventually want to get into saltwater but oh that I had the time!!!

paerhaps once I retire?!