Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Yearly Auction

Started by Heidi, January 05, 2009, 09:14:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heidi

I probably missed something along the way but i will ask anyways (please don't slam me too hard!!)...any news on the upcoming big auction? Any firmed date or possibilities? Just want to plan a sitter and save up some cash, etc, etc.

Thanks
120 gal - Salt water Fish Only
25 gal - Salt Water Reef
Rotti named Nimh
Cat named Yoda
Numerous Bearded Dragons
Numerous BP's and other snakes
Numerous other geckos and lizards

dan2x38

I was waiting for the talk to start... :) It will be at Jack Parcel again I now that much. I am starting to save... :)
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

Quatro

Lurch1

What is sold at the giant auction? I am new so I don't know much about what goes on here....

Quatro

Anything fish related (and sometimes not).  What happens is members and guest bring in items they want to sell and we all bid on it.  Bidding usually starts at $2, people raise their hand, the auctioneer calls out 3,4,5,6..., put your hand down when its too high for you.  Last one up gets it.  OVAS gets a percentage of the sale and the rest goes to whoever brought it in.

Items have included fish, plants, tanks, filters, heaters, lights, air pumps, more plants, more fish, etc.

dan2x38

It is an entire days event. You have to go to check it out a lot of fun and great deals too. Is usually first week of March.
Voltaire:

garnpet

Yes, the Annual Giant Auction will be held on March 1st at Jack Purcell.  Further information will be forthcoming in a couple of weeks.  This event relies heavily on volunteers so please be generous with your time!

Peter
1 fish, 2 fish, <°{{{><  , <°{{{><  

RoxyDog

Yep, we'll need volunteers as always.  I'll be starting a thread in the next couple of weeks asking you for your time.  :)
Tanks: salty nano cube, working on a fresh 125

Life is too short to wake up with regrets.  So love the people who treat you right.  Forget about the one's who don't.  Believe everything happens for a reason.  If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands.  If it changes your life, let it.  Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.

cichlidicted

what do we need for entrance ?

garnpet

There is no entrance fee.  Just bring money to buy stuff!
1 fish, 2 fish, <°{{{><  , <°{{{><  

dan2x38

Quote from: garnpet on January 07, 2009, 07:01:33 AM
There is no entrance fee.  Just bring money to buy stuff!

A door fee to enter the room?
Voltaire: