Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Can anyone ID this? furry GSP maybe??

Started by Hookup, December 31, 2008, 12:08:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hookup

Found this in my tank today when taking photos... no idea what it is.. My guess is some kind of GSP.

[attachment deleted by admin]

ray

Star polyps will be joined by a mat,also looks to be too many tentacles.I'd be leaning towards aiptasia,possibly yellow polyps,though pic is not too clear

fishboy

Hookup

Quote from: ray on December 31, 2008, 12:33:58 PM
Star polyps will be joined by a mat,also looks to be too many tentacles.I'd be leaning towards aiptasia,possibly yellow polyps,though pic is not too clear

Pic does suck, agreed.  WIll try to snap a better one.

They seem to have tubes, similar to GSP, but I agree, they look like they have way to many, and too long tentacles.  I do not think they are regular aptasia if that is what they are... The peppermint shrimp nuked them in about 2 weeks last time, there were about 1-dozen visible in the tank... but anything's possible.

They are very small, think GSP in size, or slightly smaller.

Now that I've noticed them i'll keep an eye on them, they are on a rock that could be pulled, I would hate to do so, but I could pull it if they become an issue.

Funkmotor

They don't really look like aiptasia...the tentacles aren't the telltale tapered to really tiny ends.  Not Majano, either, in case that comes up.  They do certainly look like some kind of colonial anemone, though.

I agree that they look nice, and if they don't do any harm I'd leave them.