Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

I'm back, 75 + 25 gallon update.

Started by Cheebs, December 29, 2008, 04:05:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cheebs

Hey Folks, I sort of dissapeared from the forum for a few months, I've been really busy at the new job. Has anyone see Toot & Puddle yet?   We just finished production and animation on it.  Anyways, I had to move my 75 gallon from the east end of town to the west where I live now.  The move went fairly well, all I lost was an anemone and a coupld chromis, but everything else is looking pretty nice again. Here are some pics, more to come:

I've recently added a fairy or flasher wrasse, a coral beauty and some cleanr shrimp, as well as that acan and gonipora.  I do need help with something though - if you look at the patch of purple zoas, you'll notice a couple heads of aptasia sticking out.  They are the only ones in the tank, and they seem to be too big and quick for my 2 peppermint shrimp to handle.  I've tried injecting vinigar, but I end up just irritating the zoas and it just comes back anyway... Any suggesting as to how I could remove it without damaging my zoas?

az

maybe you can take the coral out and put a few drops of superglue on the aptasias, always works for me, wait 30 seconds or so before putting the coral back in, zoos would be ok outside the tank for a while, hope it helps.
AQUA VALLEY    
1158 Ogilvie Road, Ottawa

2016 Hours
Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri >> 12-7pm
Sat, Sun >> 11-5pm
Mon >> CLOSED
Tel: 613 695 6961 Fax: 613 695 6532  
www.aquavalley.ca

Ottawa's BIGGEST SALTWATER Selection

Tel: 613 695 6961 Fax: 613 695 6532     www.aquavalley.ca

gauthier613

Nice I have the same camera the Canon EOS Rebel XT what lens do you have though those pics are excellent.

Cheebs

Hey! I'm actually using the Canon Powershot S5 IS, I'm just using the lens that comes with it!

On a side note I just picked up a second tank!  Got a25 gallon tall, with substrate, powerhead and stand from the Big Al's boxing week bonanza.  It's also going to be salt water, not sure for what exactly, I'm thinking maybe a nice big anemone and a pair of clowns after its been running for a couple months. We'll see!

Cheebs

Looks like my OVAS membership expired last month, so I'll have to wait until I renew it to upload images to my gallery, but here's an update:

The wrasse and coral beauty are doing great, although I can't get a good picture of the coral beauty for the life of me. Anyways, a friend of mine gave me a late Christmas gift and we picked up 4 orange line chromis for the tank.  I've also set up the 25 gallon on it's stand, with substrate and powerhead ready to go, I'm just trying to decide on a skimmer. Here are some pics:

A couple shots of the right side of the tank where I've been concentrating alot of the corals, I'll slowly be filling the left side more in the future. Notice the newer live rock I got, added a nice platform:

Here's the setup against the wall in my room, you can see the new tank to the left in the dark:

And here's the new tank, I still don't know exactly what I'm going to put in it.  MY MAroon clown is very agressive towards any other clowns, so I was thinking of perhaps a pair of clowns with an anemone, or perhaps a seahorse tank:

I'll try and get some closeups of the new fish, but so far everythings councing back quite nicely.  The tank's been set up for about a year and a half now, and it took a pretty hard hit from the recent move, but everything is finally stabalizing and back to normal. More updates to come!

Cheebs

Hey Gauthier613, sorry for the confusion, the first few pics were actually taken with my roomate's camera, which is the Canon Rebel XT.  I'll be sure to ask what lens he has on it as soon as he gets back from his vacation :)

Julie

Good morning, looks very nice!!   What type of skimmer are you running?

Cheebs

Morning Julie, thanks!  I'm using a Coralife Super Skimmer Needle Wheel Protein Skimmer rated for a 220g.  I've had pretty good success with it despite it's have very mixed reviews.  For a While I modded it with fishing line which worked well enough, but since the last time I cleaned it I've jsut been running it normally and it's doing quite well.

Oh, and Happy New Year!