Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

price on Nano wave box???

Started by yellowtang, January 07, 2009, 04:48:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Funkmotor

Quote from: gvv on January 09, 2009, 11:13:15 AM
Can you draw here a circuit for controlling AC 110V pump?

I don't know if I want that liability.  Really all you need is a simple low-voltage timer circuit that controls a relay.  Take anything you've seen that could control a Tunze driver and just wire in the control side of the relay, et voila.  Use a solid-state relay and it won't make any noise.

The big question I have about the prop mod is whether it starts clean (without clicking and such.)  If it does, then I'm in business.

gvv

You see, the problem is that everybody saying that it is very easy, but you will not find any reliable implementation :)

Regards

Hookup

Take a look at Vortech Pumps from www.echotech.com  Wicked product for so many reasons... Not sure of their local pricing yet, but reportedly cheaper than tunze... and common, can you beat that in-tank profile?

Not as cheap as DIY, but cheaper than Tunze with better features.  Personally, i'm getting of the smaller sized pumps and the controller for my tank.

gvv

fishtail

If anyone is looking for the pumps locally, we can get them in fairly quickly.

http://fishtail.ca/product.php?id=PHET44045

Hookup

Thanks for the corrected link..  And I am putting 2 of the smaller ones in.  I do not like single-pumps for circ-flow.  Sounds like single point of failure to me...