Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

The Fauna Marin Ultra Skim 1

Started by groan, March 09, 2009, 11:33:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

groan

Hey folks,
I wrote up a mini review of this skimmer and I am incredibly happy with it.
These usually sell for over $800 but I got an evaluation price on it.
I believe the seller has another one available at a great price so if anyone is interested please PM me and I'll give you the details.

Read the review here. If you have any questions let me know and I'll try to answer or get the answers.

Hookup

Nice review / writeup... one question/clarification.. 

Your write up says it uses 850L/hr of air (as does the manufactures web-site)... other skimmers are rated using L/min.   For example, the new huricone skimmers are 2100L/min... is that the same type of rating???    Any idea???

groan

Hmmm, good question. Anyone good at math?
Let me put that to the vendor and see what he has to say.

Hookup

Quote from: groan on March 09, 2009, 11:54:41 AM
Hmmm, good question. Anyone good at math?
Let me put that to the vendor and see what he has to say.

It's got to be something different... 2100l/min = 126,000l/hr... it'd be nice if all things had the same rating systems for ease of comparison... I'm curious what the mfg says about the two ratings...

groan

Hookup

Hum.. OK, that makes more sense.. I would like to see it up against other $800 skimmers... The rating is about 1/3'rd of the air-volume of the competitors in the same price range... As a product, your review is nice.. a good solid built machine...  how it compares to other $800 skimmers... by the spec's it doesn't even come close.. but paper spec's are one thing, real-life use is a completely different animal.

Anyway you can get someone to give you two other, different, $800 skimmers for a full test and review??? Can I have one of them when your done.. ahhaahah...

groan

LOL, not likely. I'm happy with this one and I just wanted to pass on the news.

Cheers!

Hookup

Yeah, I like the faunamarin products that I've used this far... which is a lot!  I've not used any of their hardware, good to hear that they have a quality built product...