Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Plant mania get together

Started by charlie, March 09, 2009, 10:05:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anja

Dinner sounds good. I don't think I'll feel like cooking by the time we get home.  ;)
250G (Pond) - Comets, Rosy Reds; 20G Retirement - Congo Tetras, BN, Banjo Cats, Pristellas, Buenos Aires Tetras, Zebra Danios; 25G Pygmy Corys, BN, Green Neons, Assassin Snails, 15G Blue Daisy Ricefish, BN, Betta; 6.6G (Edge) - Diamond Head Tetras, 3G Bloody Mary shrimp, 2G Caridina Cantonensis (tangerine tiger)

washefuzzy

Yes I think dinner would be the thing to do.  :)
I will be there.

smalltownfan

Quote from: charlie on April 03, 2009, 07:33:56 PM
I plan on having dinner , liver sounds good  ;D

Fish & chips for me :)    :o    >:(   Um, oh.......... maybe the liver instead   :-[

:'( Sorry, but I love fish and chips
FW Nano's 5g & 15g
Inverts & Micro fish

washefuzzy

Hank did you still want the plant book. I can bring it tomorrow if you want it.

Joyce
Librarian

pcole6765

looking to buy some low light low tech plants if anyone has some to bring

dan2x38

WE won last night so looks like we will be playing at 4. The time depends on whether we win this this morning. A win puts on ice at 4.

Charlie hope you organize another one of these? Also hope you take your usual batch of photos. OH Hank I love Fish n' Chips!  :P

Rebecca need to get you the plant deposit LMK.

Have fun ya all! Maybe I can crawl in for the tail end of things?

Thanks for organizing this Charlie! You make a great Program Chair sure hope you stay on next season?  8)
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

charlie

Late update, Ray`s Marine Livestock & Aquatic supply has generously donated a Hydor Koralia # 1 power head  and 1 250 ml bottle of Seachem Prime water conditioner as prizes for our gathering, thanks Ray.

Jeff1192

Just a quick update for me....I'm at work today and was supposed to be done at 4pm.....but something's come up and I may not be able to get out of here no time.....so I may not be able to make it.

Jeff
17 Gallon Seapora Crystal:: Cherry shrimp and red crystal shrimp

90 Gallon:: p. acei itunji, p. elongatus chewere, p. Saulosi, cyno zebroides jalo reef

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"
                        - George Orwell

Jeff1192

Sorry I couldn't make it....hope you guys had a good time!
17 Gallon Seapora Crystal:: Cherry shrimp and red crystal shrimp

90 Gallon:: p. acei itunji, p. elongatus chewere, p. Saulosi, cyno zebroides jalo reef

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"
                        - George Orwell

charlie

Quote from: Jeff1192 on April 05, 2009, 06:08:08 AM
Sorry I couldn't make it....hope you guys had a good time!
Hey Jeff , sorry you could not make it too, we had a great time.
Thanks to all who made it out ( some 13 people) , we looked over Tropica catalogues & finalised our group buy orders, read planted books, talked about various planted topics, shared experiences, did a quiz & discussed it, held the draw for the 2 prizes donated by Ray which was won the following 2 lucky aquatic plant keepers   - Bottle of Prime to pcole6765 & the Hydor Koralia # 1 snagged by yours truly  :D .
The food & beers was a good supproting comfort  ;)  , the meal that got everyone Oohing was Joyce`s ( Washefuzzy) meal  ;), it sure looked good, after some 3.5 hrs we all called it a night & expressed a desire to do it again.
P.S we also traded some plants

[attachment deleted by admin]

pminister

Wow. It looks like a fantastic turn out. Thats it next one..........there will be no exception, i will be there !

zima

Glad you had fun ya'll! I'll make sure to straighten my priorities and join the fun next time.