Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

My 12 Nanocube with LED retro

Started by trodrigues, February 10, 2010, 10:37:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trodrigues

Hello All,

here is a little project I put together a few months back

-13 Cree XRE Leds
-6 white Q5's
-7 royal blues
powered by a meanwell dimmable driver

Lights are running at about 60% power

[attachment deleted by admin]

trodrigues

here are a few tank shots

Funkmotor

That is a seriously tidy stand!

How do you find the heat off the LED's?  Did you have to put anything under (well, above) them to sink the heat or do they run cool enough at 60% you don't need to worry about it?  I can't tell if what the stars are screwed onto is metal or plastic.

Vincenzo.

Nice tony, it seems like it was such a long process.

trodrigues

Thanks guys, it did take some time the worst part was drilling the heatsink. The led's are mounted on stars which I then mount them onto a heatsink with a little thermal paste and 2 screws. The heat at 60% is not bad at all, all the heat escapes from the back of the led so does not affect tank temp. I am also running the 2 stock fans and 2 really thin server fans blowing onto the heatsink.

93GTCANADA

Hey Tony,

Not sure if you remember me. I have been out of the hobby for a while. Used to be on aquaria. Ola Tony Como esta, Tudo bem ?

trodrigues

I do, how are you doing. Are you planning on starting up a new tank

93GTCANADA

Yep I have a 12 g Nano Cube on the go right now. Looking for frags. I have a picasso clown and a perc and a purple firefish. That's it for me fish wise. Now looking for what I had in my old tank. Xenias, Hammer, Frog, torch, leather etc...

Tony what are you using to light the cheato ?

trodrigues

I used led strips that I ordered from China cost about 6 bucks for the 2

white one is used for fuge light, and blue for moonlight